Epson’s newest home theater projector is now shipping! Meet the new Epson Pro Cinema 4050, a projector that supports 4K content with all the trimmings – including HDR (High Dynamic Range) – for a more stunning image. It also achieves 100% of the DCI-P3 color space, matching that of your local Cineplex theater! Epson sells this new Pro Cinema projector through an authorized and trained local (installing) dealer network.
Are you more of a DIY type yourself? No worries, Epson also offers the very-similar Home Cinema 4010 through online retailers, at $1,999 list price. True, that’s $400 less, but when you choose the Epson Pro Cinema 4050, you will receive in the box, a spare lamp, cable cover, ceiling mount, and an extra year of warranty. Together, they are certainly worth the difference in price. Also, note that the Home Cinema 4010 is white, while the Pro Cinema 4050 is black.
Epson’s Pro Cinema 4050, like many great Epson projectors before it, blends technology expertise with performance, a great feature set, and legendary support. Combine this with a great price, and what you have is one of the best values around. Providing value, it seems, is one of Epson’s key strengths. With that in mind, there should be little surprise that Epson is the largest seller of projectors in North America.
This is an advertorial provided by Epson, with some editing by Art Feierman.
INTRODUCING EPSON 4K PRO-UHD TECHNOLOGY
The real breakthrough here is dedicated to hardware processing. Epson engineers have developed three proprietary hardware processors. One for Resolution Enhancement, one for HDR, and one for Image Processing. The result? Three dedicated processors working in parallel to deliver one of the best 4K HDR visual performances ever from a projector.
And, not only can the Epson Pro Cinema 4050 handle 4K with HDR, but thanks to Epson’s new dedicated 4K pixel-shifting processor tech, they deliver more critical brightness in terms of both color and white lumens than the competition, while still delivering improved detail.
“This new-generation of resolution enhancement projectors from Epson have impressive advanced image processing and enhance detail. As a result, when viewing 4K content, don’t be surprised if Epson’s new 4K PRO-UHD capable projectors are perceived to be as sharp, or even a touch sharper, than native 4K projectors that start selling at over twice the price!” – Art Feierman, Editor, ProjectorReviews.com
EPSON VS THE COMPETITION
|Model Name||Pro Cinema 4050||VPL-VW295ES|
|Resolution||4K PRO-UHD||Native 4K|
|Color Lumens Bright||2,400||1,500|
|White Lumens Bright||2,400||1,500|
|Achieves DCI-P3 Color Space||Yes||Not Published|
|Works with Wide Screens||Yes||Yes|
|Motorized Zoom, Focus, Shift||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||3 Years P&L||3 Years P&L|
|Warranty Replacement Program||3 Years||No|
|Included Major Accessories||Yes||No|
|(Free Spare Lamp, Ceiling Mount, and Cable Cover)|
Epson’s price performance just can’t be beat when comparing either of these two new Epsons to the competition. True, there’s always someone with a product at a lower price, but not with a better value.
Enthusiasts have long appreciated that Epson projectors have some pretty great color right out of the box. If you have been reading projector reviews, you know a lot of projectors just don’t look that great unless you spend a lot of money calibrating them.
The Epson Pro Cinema 4050 offers capabilities rivaling many much higher-priced competitors. And, they offer far more capabilities than any 4K capable projectors currently listing less than $3,000.
KEY PRODUCT FEATURES
- 4K PRO-UHD Projection Technology – A new approach to 4K home theater projection utilizing dedicated hardware processing for resolution enhancement, HDR, and image processing – resulting in an exceptional 4K home theater experience.
- True 3-Chip Projector Design – Advanced 3LCD technology ensures 100% of the RGB color signal is displayed for every frame. This ensures outstanding color gamut while maintaining excellent brightness, without any bothersome “rainbow effect” nor “color brightness” issues typical of single chip projectors.
- Dedicated 4K Pixel-Shift Processor – Advanced 4K pixel-shifting hardware precisely controls three-individual high-definition LCD chips to parallel process up to 12 million pixels of information. This breakthrough in resolution enhancement technology results in an exceptional 4K visual experience – surpassing virtually all other forms of 4K home theater projection.
- Dedicated HDR Processor – Full 10-bit HDR color processing accepting 100% of the HDR source information to faithfully reproduce HDR content for an exceptional visual performance.
- Dedicated Digital Imaging Processor – Real-time 12-bit analog-to-digital video processing ensuring smooth tonal transitions, while eliminating banding, blocking, and other compression artifacts from the final visual performance. This powerful processor faithfully reproduces the source material the way it was intended to be shown.
- Extreme Color Gamut – One of the first commercially available home theater projectors capable of displaying the full three-dimensional DCI-P3 color space. This extreme color performance is 50% wider than typical 1-Chip Rec. 709 projectors and allows for a truly professional-level of color accuracy.
- Epson Precision Lens – Designed for zero-light-leakage, all Epson Precision Lenses utilize a proprietary 15-element precision glass structure for outstanding image clarity and edge-to-edge focus uniformity.
- 3-Axis Motorized Lens – For maximum placement flexibility. You can shift the lens up to 96% on the horizontal axis and up to 47% on the vertical axis. You can also set the zoom and focus, then store all the settings in one of ten presets. The lens’es 2.1:1 zoom range provides maximum placement flexibility.